[Ha Noi, December 8, 2017] As part of the joint activities of VECOM, the Executive Board meeting is held annually to review and evaluate the achievements, at the same time to contribute and complete 2018 work plan.
This plan is developed in accordance with the work plan for 2016 – 2020 period which was approved at the 3rd National Congress of Vietnam E-commerce Association, with the implementation of activities in 2016-2017 period and with e-commerce development practice. According to the Association, Vietnam e-commerce continues to grow rapidly in 2018. In the work plan of legal consultancy and reviewing next year, VECOM will focus more on the prominent areas of public and social concerns such as: Monitoring the drafting and issuing legal documents related to trade, information technology and communication, advertising, intellectual property, consumer protection, competition, delivery and logistics, payment, network security; Highly concerned about the development of policies and laws related to digital economy, including sharing economy, blockchain technology, online tourism in order to create a favorable, clear, easy-to-project macro environment for e-commerce.
Vice Chairman Le Hai Binh also shared more about some events that will be held during the year, one of the annual activities:
1. Vietnam Online Business Forum 2018 (VOBF 2018)
VOBF is the annual event, first held in 2017. In 2018, VECOM continues to collaborate with Vietnam e-Commerce and Digital Economy Agency (VECITA) to organize Vietnam Online Business Forum – (VOBF) in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
This event is an opportunity for all organizations, businesses and individuals to discuss the trends of online business of the year, market forecasts, technologies and outstanding business ideas. VOBF will publish the latest market research on online business, including Vietnam E-commerce Index.
• Time: expectedly on March 14 and March 16, 2018;
• Location: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City;
• Scale: 2,000 delegates;
• Participants: agencies, organizations and enterprises involved in e-commerce.
2. Vietnam international trade mart VITM (28/3/2018 – 1/4/2018)
This prestigious event has been organized by Vietnam Tourism Association (VITA) for a few years. In 2018, the event was held at the Friendship Cultural Palace, 91 Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi. Vietnam Tourism Association has invited VECOM as a co-organizer.
The theme of VITM 2018 is Online tourism. VECOM will host the Online Tourism Forum and coordinate with VITA to organize 40 booths for e-commerce and online tourism businesses (out of 500 booths of VITM).
• Time: expectedly from March 28, 2018 to April 1, 2018;
• Location: Hanoi;
• Scale: 1,500 delegates;
• Participants: agencies, organizations and enterprises involved in e-commerce and online tourism.
3. Vietnam Online Marketing Forum 2018 (VOMF 2018)
Vietnam Online Marketing Forum is one of VECOM’s three biggest annual events, first held in 2016, which has caught the attention of a large number of communities interested in online marketing. The Forum has created opportunities for businesses to promote their brands, solutions, products and services through a variety of engaging activities.
• Time: expectedly in August 2018;
• Location: Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City;
• Scale: 2,500 delegates;
• Participants: agencies, organizations and enterprises interested in online marketing.
4. E-business Index 2018 (EBI 2018)
2018 is the seventh consecutive year that VECOM has established E-business Index under the direction and assistance of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. This activity is part of the National e-commerce development program in the 2014-2020 period.
In addition to setting up the Index, VECOM regularly organizes programs related to EBI to disseminate this indicator to the community.
EBI enables businesses, agencies and organizations to have an overview of e-commerce development level nationally and locally. EBI has caught the attention of the local community and foreign organizations such as Google, Facebook, eMarketer …
• Time: from August 2018 to December 2018;
• Location: throughout the country.
5. 2018 thematic events
a) Seminar on Online Real Estate Business (May)
• Discuss the current status, potential development, impacts on real estate business, policy and legal issues.
• VECOM will collaborate with real estate organizations and businesses to organize a seminar on this topic.
• Organized in Ho Chi Minh City.
b) Seminar on Blockchain Technology (July)
• Discuss issues related to technology, policy and legal issues as well as the economic impact of blockchain technology, the significance of seizing business opportunities from advanced technologies, the risks of lagging.
• Organized in Hanoi.
6. International and domestic cooperation: VECOM will continue to collaborate with relevant agencies, provinces and international organizations to disseminate, train and link up e-commerce to Vietnamese enterprises, contributing to the development of Vietnam e-commerce market.