On the morning of 7/7/2023, the Vietnam E-commerce Association had a meeting with National Plastic Action Program Vietnam.
The meeting includes the participation of:
On the side of the Vietnam E-commerce Association:
- Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung - Senior Advisory Council on E-Commerce
- Mr. Tran Van Trong - General Secretary
On the side of National Plastic Action Program Vietnam:
- Ms. Dang Nguyet Anh - Manager, Secretary of National Plastic Action Program Vietnam
- Ms. Nguyen Hai Yen - Communication & Connection Officer, Secretary of National Plastic Action Program Vietnam
Contents of the meeting:
- Proposal to participate in the discussion about Challenges and strategies of e-commerce affecting the environment, especially plastic waste at 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 https://fs.vecom.vn/
- Deploying environmental development trends in E-commerce of goods, logistics and postal delivery. From there, evaluating and researching to come up with specific solutions, in order to improve human consciousness and responsibility for the environment.
- NPAP suggested a main goal: Shaping a more inclusive and sustainable circular economy through the elimination of plastic pollution which was mentioned in the Project to strengthen the management of plastic waste in Vietnam and the National Plan on ocean plastic waste management up to 2023.
- An introduction to the Report "Researching, assessing the generation and management of plastic waste in Vietnam" that identifies 3 solutions to change the system that can help reduce ocean plastic waste by 50% by 2020. 2025 and 75% by 2030.
Through the meeting, the two sides highly appreciated the role of each other in propagating and disseminating the impact between E-commerce and the environment. In short, in the last 6 months of the year, there should be more specific and practical activities in the development of "GREEN" E-commerce.